Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Did Obama put race relations back decades with his divisional politics and rhetoric? Yes.

Is Trump spewing crap on Twitter making things better? No.

Two wrongs aren't going to make the situation right.

Do people want to work to fix the problem or do they want revenge.

These days, I see more and more people just wanting a form of revenge on the "other guys" for feeling wronged.
Nah, the NFL decided to go political, that's all it is. Last year they wouldn't let the Cowboys wear a sticker on their helmets commemorating the five Dallas police officers murdered at a BLM event. Because it was "too political." They forced Tebow out of the league because of his kneeling. Because it was too "religious." They didn't let players wear patriotic cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11. Because that was too "divisive." So they are allowing this, because it's somehow not political and divisive and hugely disrespectful - somehow. They did this all by themselves. Trump calling them out on it is nothing more and nothing less than echoing what tens of millions of Americans were already thinking. The shitstorm that is going to hit the NFL will be something never seen before. Watch.

To make it even more stupid, CK only started kneeling last year in preseason because he was afraid he was going to be cut from the Niners. He would have taken a financial hit. So he figured if he started doing this, management would be scared to fire him lest it look like they did it for political reasons. That's it in a nutshell. Then he came up with the "muh police killing our people" thing as an excuse.

People may want to note that I cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket last month, long before Trump said anything. I saw what was coming and wanted to vote with my wallet. It has nothing to do with Trump, at all. If anything he's a bit late to the party.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post: