View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:30am   #1
onedef92
Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II
Activity: 0%

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452
Default "Dignity of Congress" Just...WOW!!!

I just learned yesterday my contract DoD position at Fort Knox will end on Aug. 31 due to the budget crisis in Washington.

I was originally scheduled to work 6 months, then get hired on permanently. That apparently won't happen now since our elected officials can't (or won't) get their act together.

Comments like Pelosi's this week really gall me. These clowns are so disconnected from most of the American people, it ain't even funny anymore.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers' jobs.

"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

The comments were made in the context of the looming sequester, which would force across-the-board cuts affecting most federal offices, including Congress. With lawmakers nowhere near a deal to avert those cuts, federal agencies are bracing for ways to absorb them with minimum damage to programs and personnel.
onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote