Old 11-19-2020, 8:54am   #41
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
Back on topic, Grey Ghost had it... has anyone heard from him of late?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Haven't seen a @Grey Ghost post in awhile...
It kicked my ass solid for 2 wks. Not bad enough for hosp. but, all the other symptoms on the list. I lived on a half piece of bread and bottle of water each day. My first hint was I woke up one morning like a truck had hit me. My body never ached all over pain. I've read that about others that had it. At the onset I also had the loss of taste/smell. One of my fav. places and meals I questioned if they had changed their recipe or cooking method. Everything tasted weird. When it hit me hard I had a bad cough and like my lungs were full of something that I couldn't cough up. I am just now back to normal lung function. I think forcing myself to walk some, etc...got my lungs stretched back out to normal so they work better. During the sickness, it was just mild or shallow breaths. Never those deep breaths needed to stretch your lungs to make them function 100%. VERY weak and every other symptom on the list.

Those that have had it or might get it. My Dr. said take NAC supplement. It's the only thing that will help restore lung function. It's OTC, but, I can't find it in stores and had to order online. 600mg

A Dr. last night said the vaccine is only be good for 3 months or so..I imagine that means 4x trips a year if you want to stay immune. He said those that have had Covid their immunity may only be good for 1-2 months. I think the crap is a life changer. Just like 9/11. Life will be different from now on because of it.

I wore a mask. I washed my hands religiously. I used sanitizer. I would even was down the shopping cart handle personally to make sure it had been sanitized. I avoided crowds. I did EVERYTHING and more on the list and still caught it. I hate to say it. But, I imagine EVERYONE will catch it. It's just a matter of time. Your eyes are exposed to it. The holes in your ears. Just think about how many damn holes you have in your head and a paper mask ain't going to protect you or anyone else 100%.

If you awake one morning like a truck run you over. If you notice any of your normal food tasting even just a tad off or not the same. Get to your Dr. I rode it out at home. But, all the symptoms on the list hitting you at the same time will kick your ass.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Grey Ghost For This Useful Post: