Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 13.2%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,255 Times in 4,408 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
I am totally disgusted with the leadership of this country, it's a joke.

Since the last election for president, I'm almost devoid of all news, don't listen to any talk radio anymore, do not watch or listen to any local or national news as well. Do not visit any news sites on the web like I used to, and the tiny bit that I do read are on a few forum sites as this, and normally don't read much.

I find that my state of mind is more relaxed and less stressed by just doing the things I like to do in my later years now. I don't discuss politics with anyone now, I just try to make the best of it.
Hard to argue with this approach, but I might be changing. After 40 years working in and working with the fed govt I became very disassociated with elections and other BS that appeared pre-ordained. In the last two presidential elections I wrote in Deez Nutz because I was so disgusted with the system.

This administration has now gotten me to the point of "anything but". They are screwed up like a soup sandwich. It actually made me realize that voting against someone is just as important as voting for someone. I live where my eventual vote will not likely make a difference at the national level, but FJB. He and his administration have done more to push this republic toward a total social state than anything I've ever seen.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post: