View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 4:51pm   #28
edcmat-l1
Charter Member - Vendor
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
If you take out timing for the nitrous hit won't that affect performance when you're not spraying? How does that work exactly?
Short answer is yes. But, on a small hit (75 hp) chances are you can tune it where you can use your spray without having to pull any timing. Rule of thumb is 2 degrees per 50 hp, but I rarely pull out any timing on a 75 shot. I usually start with tuning the timing on the low side of the "window" (the range of timing, usually 4 degrees or so, where increasing or decreasing it yields little to no changes in power output) and just let her roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaks View Post
Yes it will. From what I understand, there are certain controller interfaces that will pull timing ONLY when you are spraying. This leaves your timing alone when driving normal, so as not to decrease your power.
I know the Microedge controller has an interface that works this way.
I def like using some type of controller with the bigger hits. I was running a progressive controller on a big fogger back in about '93-'94. Tuned a TS car with 2 stages, one 500hp fogger on a controller, and one 250hp plate.

The newer electronic ones are cool. Kyle (stonabones) runs one. Very, very tunable. Comes in handy trying to get a C5 down the track on a 250 shot without leaving a trail of broken goodies!!
edcmat-l1 is offline   Reply With Quote