Thread: Tuning Q & A?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 9:18pm   #21
2ez 2spd
Barn Stall Owner #44
Activity: 1.9%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30044

Hi Ed I have never met you but you have been recommended to me by every Rat Pack member I have met and I would like to take advantage of this Q & A.

I have a 97 A4 for a year and a half I have always wondered if it has some tuning done to it because of the way it shifts (hits fairly hard) I have never been in any other C5 so I really have nothing to compare it to. After checking the rear end I found out that the original 2.73 were changed to 3.42 out of a Z found this out by the tag on it. I read a post one time that stated that if the gears were changed it had to be tuned to shift correct with the new gears is this true? if so then I'm sure it has been tuned and I ques the torque management has been removed or reduced? if the torque management has been changed is it a permanent or can it be put back to the default? is their anyway to find out what has been changed without going through the motions of a real tune? if not maybe one day I'll bring it to you to have it dyno & tuned and you can tell me what I have.

I'm really not looking to change anything right now I'm still trying to figure out everything that has been done to it before it was mine. I feel like I should figure out what I have before I start changing anything.

Thanks for any info,
Kevin