SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
suggestions:

never pee in a hurry; relax and let it happen with no urgency to end it..

near the end... the stream becomes thin and you may not feel like there's any more coming out. Let it continue, until the last drop has fallen; do not "wince" it to end the evacuation.

urinate more often; don't wait until the urge is strong.

Thanks. I’ve been going quite often but only a few oz at a time. Ultra sound says I’m retaining about half volume. What is weird is, at half volume I have zero urge. But as long as I can pee, I can avoid the hospital.

The big problems comes when you cannot pee at all. Then you get to experience the placement of a foley cath without anesthesia. I’m trying to avoid that at all costs. I’ll end up with one for a few days but placed while I’m under.

Removing it is another story. It’s the most intense thing EVAR. Hurts like hell but only for a bit.

My biggest complaint is the constant pain and pressure. I can barely eat anything. Can’t wear pants or a belt. I’m wearing sweats all day. I attempted to go to drug store yesterday and had to turn back. My belt put too much pressure on my gut.

I have several more days of this to go. I’m starting to get anxious because between now and normalicy is some very ugly, painful stuff. I’m sure I’ll get through it. Many others have. It will be my fourth time with the cath.

Of all the stuff I’ve dealt with, that is the worst. And I’ve been shot. This is worse.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: