10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,317 Times in 17,183 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
I was on board until you said drain the swamp. Every hire he’s made is from DC or NYC. He is the SUCK as a hiring manager.
He has made some bad staffing picks, for various reasons. Some of it, especially early on, was political patronage, just like any other politician. That explains Reince Priebus and his picks. Trump went all in on generals, figuring they would be a good fit for his pro-America, America first, patriotic agenda....and they were, at first. It was only when it became clear that Trump meant what he said about ending foreign wars, not starting new ones, and withdrawing from being the world's policeman that things started to go South.

Mattis was the first to fall, and he was pretty out and proud about why he quit.....difference of opinion. Trump genuinely wants us out of Afghanistan, there's nothing to be won there, nothing for us. Mattis disagreed, so he left. He lost the other generals for the same reason. Policy differences.

He also has made mistakes based on loyalty. Jeff Sessions? Amarosa? 'Nuff said.

Hiring has been his weak point, and he has drawn too much from the political system he found. It would have been better if he had just gone with a whole team of outsiders like Ben Carson. And he definitely should have blown out every single damned Obama holdover.

Another big fault of Trump seems to be his unbridled optimism. He wants to give people a chance to do the right thing. I think he honestly thought the holdovers, once they saw he was truly working FOR the country, to make it better, would get onboard. I don't think he understood just how swampy things are, how people in government settle into their own fiefdoms.

In short, I think Trump found out it's worse than he thought, and Trump lost valuable time with both bad picks, AND holdovers.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: