Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 32,997 Times in 14,148 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122
Default It pays to be nice to your mailman

Our mail is delivered to a bunch of gang mailboxes about 1 mile from the house. with the terrain, we can see the mail boxes from the house with binoculars (or without if you know what to look for). And our mail is normally delivered sometime around 4 to 4:30pm each day (we are the last stop on his route).

So i normally, feed Leah

<------------

around 4:30pm each day (if I'm late, she gets fussy, so don't be late feeding the dog.).

so right after, I hop in the truck and drive up the mailboxes to get that day's mail.

many times, the mailman is there, sorting the mail, so over time, he's gotten to know who I am, and vice versa. His name is Eric. a few months ago, before this virus crap, I brought him a small bag of home made cookies that Mrs. DAB had made earlier that day.

So we have several packages pending delivery from Amazon orders, and 3 were due to arrive monday. About an hour ago, our gate buzzer sounded, and i'm thinking, there is no delivery today, so i grab the opener and walk down to the gate, opening it on the way.

It was Eric, and he had some packages for us. Two of the 3 due to arrive via the post office. he drove his van up to the house, and handed us our packages and admired our house.

If a package will not fit in the package bin, we have to go into town next day and pick it up, so he saved us from doing that on at least one package, as it was fairly large (also applies if all the bins are already full, which is quite common now a days).

so Mrs. DAB got her stuffs!

DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post: