Old 01-08-2017, 3:42pm   #7
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
I started to experience pain in my bladder two days ago. Nothing excruciating, but pretty uncomfortable. The pain comes and goes, usually recurring every 30 minutes or so. I do have to urinate frequently, but it's a small volume. The liquid is its usual color (straw), not orange or red.

This morning at about 4:00 I went to pee and while standing there i began to get clammy and dizzy. I had a soft landing on the floor where I had a long nap. My research says that stones of course form in the kidneys and move to the bladder via the ureter, which is where the pain starts (in the ureter). I had no pain until it started in my bladder.

Any ideas?
I had very much the same symptoms with my kidney stone. I felt the pain in the ureter, where it got lodged (confirmed by CT scan in the ER). Sometimes people can feel it travel from the kidney down, but I never did.

Drink lots of fluids, but get thee to a doctor ASAP...because even if you aren't in pain right now, when it comes back, it will be excruciating. It comes in waves until the stone makes its way out, one way or another.

The clammy/dizzy/nausea is from your toxins trying to find a way out, as in the path of least resistance. Since it's not coming out very well via bladder/urine (and sitting in there can also cause a kidney or bladder infection), it can also make you vomit.

Best bet is ER for a CT scan to confirm location and size (to see if it's passable or if you need further intervention), then try to capture the stone via those urine screen funnel thingies, and send it off to a lab to analyze it. There are 4 different kinds of stones, sometimes you can avoid certain ones via a diet change or eliminating certain foods.

Good luck!
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote