Old 11-05-2015, 8:05am   #9
Hoog
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,425 Times in 727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $123317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
My vet says it's time....but she seems fine and happy besides the peeing. WTF do I do?
Listen to your vet.

We as owners are the last people to see the unbiased reality where our dogs are concerned. Our last Shepherd got to the point that I had to leave her nails a little long so she could get up on the tile floor by hooking the grout lines. She wobbled, was slow to do anything. She would stand still in the back yard and bark as the other dogs ran past...tail wagging the whole time. I know she wanted to chase them like she always had. I know she felt horrible when she had the occasional accident in the house as she still wanted to do everything to please us.

When we finally made the decision that her quality of life was no longer worthy of the dignified way she had always carried herself, we took her in. The vets office has smooth flooring with very thin grout for easy cleaning. Shelby couldn't even stand up on it; I had to carry her. It crushed my wife and I to see that, and that is when the reality set in that we had waited too long.

We will never let it go that long again. I feel it is our duty as dog owners to consider the dog and it's quality of life first and foremost. It is THE hardest decision I (we) have ever had to make, and I really feel for you being in that position.

Excuse me, I've got something in my eye...
Hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoog For This Useful Post: