View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 3:50pm   #14
tjfontaine
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $403994

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
She doesn't specialize at GT. She was going to go with an automotive concentration, but ultimately didn't like the classes. She's worked with my company for the past 4 years analyzing business requirements, and writing software in the cloud to implement/automate those needs. She seems to be a natural at that, and she really enjoys it. Having an opportunity to use both sets of skills at one company would be exciting to her.
Craig - I think I mentioned before - that is EXACTLY what I did. I had computer skills from 4 years in the NAVY and another 3 working part time in I.T. before I graduated in Mechanical Engineering. I started as a process (mfg) engineer, and moved on to CAD and CAM support from there. Got into the support area for all kinds of different scientific and engineering software, rose through the ranks, got swallowed up into I.T., and became the IT director for world wide Engineering and R&D for our company. I had 150+ staff members in my area. I loved combining BOTH SKILLSETS almost no one could walk and talk high tech Engineering and Science AND I.T. stuff so it really helped my career. Retired young and living the good life now.
tjfontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tjfontaine For This Useful Post: