View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 12:35pm   #45
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,998 Times in 11,829 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

So, I spoke to HR wdnesday morning and answered all the questions (honestly) they had about the situation. Long story short... they said everything I told them matched with the complaint and the other staff members involved and that it sounded like a disgruntled student employee (including the instructor in the class last Thursday where the last fall out happened) trying to cause trouble to force us to let him keep his job if he withdrew his complaint. The instructor said she witnessed nothing inappropriate, heard nothing inappropriate, and barely noticed my team was in the room working until the problem was solved and she was asked to log onto the two computers in question to verify they were fixed to standard and that she/students could use them.

The issue was dropped, logged the way I explained above, and closed while I was still on the phone with HR. they agreed the only thing accurate in the student tech's compliant was the time frame of the event and the events themselves. Nobody could corroborate his complaints even after thoroughly digging for evidence to verify them. That was a relief, but HR did say that I was too nice and should have fired the kid a couple of weeks prior instead of trying to apply corrective training, but the corrective training was the right thing to do (mixed message). Oh well.

/problem
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post: