Thread: new tires
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 7:34am   #5
darnold
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $550

Although I'm not the OP I want to say thank you for the great advice. My vette has nearly new Micheline Pilot AS EMT's. Since this is my first vette and I have only had it for 2.5 weeks I really have no other experience running without the EMT's. From what I can tell at least the Micheline EMT's are "better" than the Goodyear EMT's (according to Tire Rack's testing), but I'm not sure how much of a difference that really matters when comparing EMT's to non-EMT's. LOL!

From the advice here I would postulate that any EMT is worst in ride quality compared to a non-EMT; my question would be how are they inferior? Are they more harsh over bumps? Do they have noticeably less lateral grip? Do they degrade the car's balance and alter or mute its' turn-in characteristics? Or are they simply worst over surface irregularities and broken pavement, making the car "dance" around (This is something that I've noticed but I thought it was just due to the vette's stiffer suspension)? Just curious is all as it may be worth selling my EMT's and putting something else on this summer depending on some of the answers. One last question: since my vette is a daily driver how do A/S tires tend to compare to Max traction tires during normal driving...you know, fast off-ramp and on-ramp driving but sedate suburban driving?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by darnold; 05-07-2015 at 9:39pm.
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote