View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 8:57am   #8
ChasC5
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
I have understood elementary economics even better than my HS and college professors, for over 1/2 a century now....

not any issue that the debt will be repudiated, just a question of WHEN, we as a society have been very lucky in avoiding that shituation for the last 50 years, but it's been one lucky break after another....

mainly from the electronics industry, TV being used as a sales tool, to further home/households into buying gadgets....then the increased use of electric, and other energy....gas, coal, etc...oil....

then came the extension of the electronics industry....computers, that have eliminated much of the needs for many/most/any offices, it's all over the net now....my daughter is a classic example, the large educational fund she works for closed their offices, she works from home now, and is busy as hell to the point of overload with MAJOR projects......

but how that much if any meaningful further advances in computer tech is going to affect future living standards and employment remains to be seen, the elimination of jobs due to computers is astounding, even programmers are being laid off en mass......

the only openings are like in Medical communications.....translating medical research literature into something searchable on the net.....publishing, if you will, no more textbooks.....not the only field that happening in either....

more jobs lost....

now we hit the problems of serviceability of modern cars.....another major issue where electronics is a blessing and is/can be extended into a curse....

One small question; did your eyebrows raise just a little when you observed the United States of America deploying Military Troupes to two (2) different regions, and wondered ... hummm this looks expensive?

With hindsight now one decade old ... is your Economic Intellect telling you something ... like Duuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote