View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 11:05am   #3
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 33.8%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,392 Times in 1,856 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
I have my Grand Sport up for sale right now on CL. Anyway, some lacky gets in touch with me through CL. I tell him the car is still for sale. So...said dummy emails me back with some bullshit about taking over payments, etc. So, I just tell him to **** off. Just a two word sentence telling him that. He emails back asking why I'm a rude mofo. I just don't have time for scammers. So, I sent one last message back asking him what part of ''**** off" he didn't understand, and to not contact me again. I have no patience for people like that.
For the most part I gave up selling and just trading in to dealer. Its a little more expensive but with the sales tax difference and not having to put up with assholes its worth it. Its all over and done fast.

Put 3 YO trucks for sale on my lawn (I Lived on a busy road) I priced it exceedingly fair and of course was willing to dicker some. This was like 20 years ago and no computer crap to deal with What I found out is people expect you to give them the truck for peanuts. I was selling loaded 4X4 pick ups and in their mind they only think about the stripper contractors specials type money.

They made insulting offers like $5,000 less than I was asking for and other bullshit conditions. Even had one pain in the ass small dealer that wanted, just about demanded I sell him the truck for much less as he was going to resell it. Why he thought I would do that, I have no clue, the second time he came back I straighten him out and told him dealer or not your not steeling this truck and get lost!

I kept the truck plated and insured so it was legal for test drives. (that also cost money) as I'm, now also paying for the new pick up and my wife's car.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote