Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 42.4%

Thanked 7,125 Times in 3,154 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Why does anybody still wear a watch?

Between my phone and the clocks in my vehicles -- which actually work, unlike 50 years ago -- I'm never without the current time. I have a clock in every room of the house, including the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
The only times in the last 20 years I have worn a watch was when doing shore excursions on a cruise. Your late coming back, if your on your own and the ship will leave you. When I'm not using the watch I pull the stem out and that stops the watch. The battery in my old Timex is about 15 years old and if I set the time it still works perfectly. I'm not impressed by expensive watches that 35 yo Timex still works well if I use it.

I agree with you about under normal circumstances a clock of some sort is available. I do not carry a cell phone, but our vechicle and just about every electronic/electric thing has a clock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
I wear a watch damn near every day. I'm wearing a watch right now. It's a habit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawiz View Post
Wear a mechanical watch. Problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
My watch is rechargeable. My phone has a clock, and I can always say "Alexa, what time is it?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsuspicious View Post
My daily beaters are solar (Casio Tough Solars and Ecodrives), I don't wear any of the mechanicals regularly enough to keep them going so they have to get wound up and set for occasions I want to wear them (those that have winding anyway), I got tired of the battery changing so have been selling off the battery watches, mostly skagens.

Actually, I've heard people argue both ways with no clear answer- does pulling the crown on a battery quartz stop battery drain? Or is it still ticking and using up battery and the hands are simply disconnected?
The battery is for this clock:
Attached Thumbnails
Clock.jpg  

Mick is offline   Reply With Quote