Old 09-09-2019, 8:12pm   #17
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Meat head business. I get paid for thinking. I don’t clean ****ing ash trays.

People don’t know what they don’t know. Most people so far dig it and get the joke. Anytime you do something different people resist. It’s just not what they are used to seeing - and that’s the power of being different.

That video will get shared. Me talking won’t. Honestly if someone is so turned off by the video to overlook my reputation and experience, I don’t want to work them anyway.

I’m dedicated to working with people who push limits. Who have a sense of humor and don’t take themselves too seriously. Who are brave enough to take strategic risks.

I’m going to post it in a large private group of marketers. Let’s see what they say.
His business was located in Los Altos in Silicon Valley. He worked on a lot of high end cars, and I'm sure had a clientele that included lots of very successful people. I rubbed elbows with those people also when I was working in the printing business there and also in some community service organizations. I knew a few billionaires in the 80s. But I didn't lose sight of the fact that I was not one of them. I was the guy printing their letterhead and business cards or working with them organizing a 10K run to raise money for a children's hospital. I shared a few intersections with them, but wasn't travelling in the same lane.

Keep working outside the box. I think you are appealing to a clientele that wants to do just that. The rest of the pack is not where it's at. Never has been.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote