View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 6:17am   #50
WKMCD
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5852

I finally picked up the TR Z51 3LT A6 coupe yesterday. When I first saw it in the Corvette Room at Bud's Chevrolet my first thought was "That's a whole lot of red." I absolutely love it. It's definitely the brightest colored car I've had. The color heads up make it much more apparent and usable than the monochrome. The sound system is acceptable and I doubt I'll replace that which is usually one of the first things I do. I have the NPP which is nice but still very quiet even in sport and track modes. Ride quality with the Mag Ride is excellent. I stayed in touring mode most of the time but did use manual so I could vary the speed on the 540 mile drive home. Love the smaller steering wheel. GM got that right this time. The seats are vey comfortable for my 6'3" 180lb frame. Controls were easy to use but I'm still learning.

40 miles from home I noticed the break-in rev limited was gone so I gave the car a small test. I was impressed! Coming from a 575RW 427 M12 3.90 C5 I was concerned that I would miss the neck snapping jolt. I did but the C7 is a different animal. The C5 was my boy racer and this is a much more grown up car if that makes sense. I think I'll be happy for a couple months anyways. The plan is to throw an Eforce blower on it this winter.

Bottom line for me, there are not a ton of things that I feel I need to improve on. The suspension works, the interior is comfortable, the power is adequate for now.

Tom from Bud's was great to deal with and highly recommended!

Really well done GM!
Attached Thumbnails
C7 at Buds Edited.jpg  

WKMCD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WKMCD For This Useful Post: