Old 10-13-2011, 12:19pm   #46
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by syf350 View Post
Doesn't matter whether or not i think it's fair,what matters is thats the way the system is, they are using it to their advantage, as would I,
So we can agree the system is fcuked and the wealthy are using it to their advantage. Great! Now you see why I am supporting these protesters. They want to CHANGE THE SYSTEM.

Quote:
and they are paying a hell of a lot more than the rest of us. And beyond the 15%. they are still paying the additional taxes us common folks are paying,
No they don't. They get all sorts of breaks you don't know about because you can't take advantage of them. Didn't you hear about the private jet tax breaks? Look at how they skirt property taxes - This Tax Day, 'Farms' Owned by the Rich Provide Massive Tax Shelter | The Nation

Quote:
and more importantly, they are directly responsible for creating a much larger tax base through the corporations, employment, production, and sales of goods/services.
So just where in the hell are all the jobs with the low taxes they have been paying since the Bush tax cuts???

Quote:
How are we hammering anyone on food stamps? they aren't paying any taxes to begin with! all they are doing is taking our money. and those that are in that bracket that DO actually work, are probably getting refunds back that are GREATER than what they paid in! that's the crock of shit here.
Republicans want to curtail these programs. Sounds like a hammering to me.

Quote:
You're not going to get me to fixate on 15%. so the guy made $30m. wtf cares? yes, I think that dude paying $4.5 m in taxes has paid WAY more than his fair share to the .gov. he certainly did not use anywhere near those kinds of resources from the .gov, so why hammer him any more?
This is very short sighted thinking. You really believe these people making this kind of money are not using a ton of resources from the government? Take a McDonald's franchise owner for example. He pays his workers minimum wage while reeling in all the profits. He doesn't insure his employees, he leave that up to the government through Medicaid. He doesn't pay them enough so his employees qualify for food stamps and reduced housing. How much money is this franchise owner costing the government because he wants to pay himself so much more than his workers? The wealthy rely on the government to expend all sorts of resources to their under paid work force.

Quote:
I don't think taxes should be profession specific either, but how the hell are the holllywood and professional sports people any less evil than corporate America? they don't contribute shit, and they are the reason entertainment prices are so high.
Yea, the people that own the studios and foot ball teams aren't anywhere close to being as wealthy as their movie stars and football players.

Quote:
and your last sentence hits to the larger problem. I agree, i'd love to be wealthy enough to have tax problems. but you and I are in the minority. most would rather the $7 an hour or unemployment so they can continue to suck our tits. the entitlement generation.
I sincerely doubt anyone would turn rich down so they can "suck our tits".
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote