Old 10-13-2011, 11:16am   #42
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by syf350 View Post
and that 15% is what percentage of taxes paid as a whole? i know their 1% is a whole hell of a lot more than my 28%. (or whatever the hell i pay. i actually don't even know what i pay, nor do i know how much i make)
So you think its fair that the more you make the less you should have to pay as a percentage of income? How is that logical???

Quote:
I just can't subscribe to a theory that the wealthy are the bad guys. kudos to those making it big. they did their homework and made something of themselves. a whole lot more than i can say for the 47% of the population that we support.
What most people don't know is that the majority of wealthy people were born wealthy. Same can be said of those living in poverty. Why is it then OK to allow those on the upper end to skirt taxes while hammering those on the lower end living off food stamps? The vast majority of both are victims or beneficiaries of the class they were born into. I'd sure as hell prefer being wealthy with a 38% tax rate than living tax free on $7 an hour or unemployment.

Quote:
If we are trying to regulate salaries, i'd be much more inclined to go after hollywood and professional sports before corporate america.
Taxes shouldn't be based on profession, they should be based on all money taken in over the course of a year.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote