thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops98 View Post
Jeff, Did you get the problem fixed?
I haven't leaked a drop since replacing the power steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
Interesting.... annoying to have to throw parts at it w/o knowing what the root cuase is. Wonder if the extra tension on the accessories from the supercharger setup had anything to do with it? But that should show up via worn out pulley bearings or snapping off a pulley shaft vs. random leaks.
I could tell it was coming from the power steering pump area, I just couldn't find the source of the leak. I didn't want to tear it apart, have to wait for parts, then put it together. I am thinking I might have tightened the belt to much and the power steering seal might have been damaged. I did find out GM has a TSB for the 06-07's (mine is 08 but most of it was built in 07), if PS leaking then dealer was to replace the high pressure hose. I talked to Kevin at partstaxi.com and he gave me the part number for the new GM replacement hose, but that didn't fix it. On CF, I found several cases of bone stock C6's that had leaking PS pump, but nearly all were covered by warranty and for some reason, I was thinking GM may not honor the warranty due to my bolt ons.

By the way, I checked with Kartech, proper tension for their manual belt tensioner is 25 lb-ft.

Now on to my next problem, tranny is starting to slip when I come down on it. I am talking to Ed @ VA Speed, probably will have him take care of it and a couple of upgrades, but that is another thread.