View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 11:58pm   #14
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 3,565 Times in 1,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342
Smile Thread bringing back good memories!

I vaguely remember an A&W drive-in/carhop-style restaurant in CNY (Liverpool) but I was really, really young...sadly it didn't hang around long. Did a quick search and saw that there is one in WV still (closest to me now) so I may hafta take a drive.

I also remember TJ's Big Boy on the west side...great burgers on heavily toasted buttery brioche buns and hot fudge cake for dessert terrific French toast on the weekends, too.

There was an original/historic McDonald's (Erie Blvd) but sadly that got bulldozed for the newer style...I remember the photos in the newspaper of people pilfering pieces of the neon golden arches from the job site as mementos.

We also had Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips and Long John Silvers, but I'm allergic to seafood and never ate at either.

I am grateful though that I finally live close enough (Corvette cruising distance) to several Sonics...I usually try to hit one up once a week.

The Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers here is just meh. I enjoyed Friendly's more but that chain seems to be drying up.

Dangit, now I'm hungry!
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post: