NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 21,168 Times in 8,347 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
You manager sucks by letting you go double the budget, and probably just cost the company a lot of money. Who the hell does resource planning for you guys? Either the customer pays and you've pissed them off, or the company eats it and they're pissed off.

Neither is a good situation.
You're right, nobody wins, but we had to cross the finish line and satisfy the client. The contract was fixed price, and the guy who sold it completely missed the boat on estimating data architect time. In fact, the contract was written on the parent company's paper, not my division's. His original estimate was for me only being HALF time to complete this project, or 500 hours. Day 1, hour 1, when I was onsite with the client I raised a major red flag and said this was 2 full time data architects....it fell on deaf ears. Well, guess what, my forecast hours for the completion of this project are now at 2,091....do the math.

Fortunately for our division, the parent company has many many dealings with the client in both directions, so there is much more at stake for sure. Parent company is ensuring that the division is made whole on the numbers, thus I get credit for every hour worked. They have been live for a week now, so I'm out of the woods. I guarantee this won't happen to this magnitude again, as my voice will carry a whole lot more credibility the next time I call out a project.
Datawiz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post: