Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Sorry Jeff, but as a child of a Holocaust survivor, this is crossing the line. You can support and vote for whomever you like, I really don’t care. But you should be painfully aware that I know, precisely, what Facism is, how it works and what it causes. I can assure you we are not in a Facist country. Not even close. If we were, all of these “enlightened protestors” would either be starving in a camp, in jail or dead. This website would not exist. There would not be a Fox News, CNN, MSNBC or any other news outlet except that of the government. We wouldn't have a Congress with two parties. You would be asked for identification wherever you go and God help you if you don’t present it.

You should really open up a book or two and learn about exactly what it is you’re comparing people to instead of using the convenient internet parable that everything eventually leads back to Hitler as a means of slinging insults. I can assure you it does not. I lost too many family members and I know better. These little graphics aren’t cute or funny. If you’d been through it, you’d understand that.

I didn’t care for Obama one bit, but I know what my Mom and her family went through at the hands of Hitler, Goebbels, Himmler and others and I would never dare compare him to any of those individuals.

You’re not going to change the minds of the people you’re arguing with here. That doesn't mean you're wrong. It means you're digging yourself a hole that you won't get out of amongst this group of individuals. When I know I’m in that kind of position in an argument, I usually walk away from it. Might be something to think about. But using Hitler as a comparison to anyone puts you on a level that I don't think you consciously want to be on.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: