View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:17am   #10
84TwinTurbo
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $525

The coolers you see in the back are actually not the intercoolers but the radiators. I ran out of space in the engine bay, my intercooler is from Corky Bell about 5 " thick - a massive piece. I could not find a technically acceptable solution that would allow for sufficient radiator performance and not blocking airflow to the intercooler plus picking up radiant heat from the radiator - there will allways be heat transfer to the intercooler when you sandwich them. Only solution I found acceptable was relocating the radiator to the rear and it works flawless. Due to the pipes running front to rear I have about 8 gallons of cooling fluid that acts like a heat sink. It also helps not dumping 1/3 of 1000 HP of heat under the hood - instead it leaves the car at the very end. The air ducts in the rear fender work very well, was a lot of work. I mainly drive high speed autobahn in Germany. Next project is a flat underside plus diffussor which should create even more vacuum to further enhance cooling. So far I could not get the engine temperature in the critical range no matter how hard I tries. Cheers
84TwinTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote