SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
Decent guns cost money.
Yes. I don’t think he should spend a dime on it since his college costs are going to go nuts. But he is 19, has the money, did his research and knows what he wants. I made him a deal. I’ll allow the AK in my home (actually no prob) if he moves his money market to a CD (he’s loaded compared to me). He said he would. Well move 3/4 of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
I found that today too. Not bad. Century Arms is not bad. Not great. But I hear not bad. Nothing a little work can’t solve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
but which one ?

AK-47s are made by sooooooo many different companies/countries; and some of these are shoddy.

better ones come from
* WASR 10: manufactured in Romania and is probably the most readily obtainable foreign AK-47 at the moment.
* Arsenal SLR Series.
* Arsenal SAM Series.
* Krebs Custom.
* Palmetto State Armory PSAK-47

Israel makes a well regarded AK-47; also the Serbia (npap) version is supposed to be decent.

Worst models are the ones made in Pakistan, Tabuk (Iraq), and Afghanistan; rough castings, jamming issues.
This is super helpful thanks. I’ll pass it along to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
Palmetto State Armory is currently backordered / out of stock on AK-47 right now.
Yes that blows. They say they are getting more ASAP. They have the $700 one which is pretty cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
I’m guessing you mean an AKM and not really an AK-47. I can tell you the cheapest way, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that route for most people. 😂
Yep. My kid isn’t getting a class 3 just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
Buy one?
unlimited supply I understand. Leave the M4 in the truck and save the ammo.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote