View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 1:59pm   #17
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272

My local WM is some type of super duper, everything under one roof, megalopolis store. It has urgent care, veterinary, eye doctor, and I don't know what all. It was one of the pilot stores to get the urgent care thing.

I don't go there. I will pay more and shop elsewhere or online. My problem with it is the size. They stuff the things you need and want to buy in one trip at every corner in the store to MAKE you walk the entire store. I know they are preying on impulse buyers that see crap and throw it in their buggy.

We also have a Dollar Store on about every corner! But, there is one that is larger than the others and I usually hit it up. Less crowded, lower footprint than WM, and every food item I have bought there is equal to Kroger or other major supermarkets. I was only disappointed one time in some food items.

I knew a rep. for a company that was trying to get their product in WM at one time. He said the negotiations were unreal. It was almost or was a money losing deal, but the company wanted to show cash flow or something that I didn't understand about big biz.

AND I DESPISE self checkout! They have 100 hundred self checkout registers and only one or two with a person to do it for you.

I avoid it. I may wonder in once every few yrs., but, that's it.

My brother is a diabetic and buys his insulin there. No other pharmacy can touch their prices on it. He even asked and was told their buying power from the pharm. company couldn't be matched by any other retailer.

Some love the place and others like me hate it. I can feel my anxiety level increase in the parking lot before going in. The people, the experience,etc...
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote