View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 8:20am   #13
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 31.7%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,364 Times in 1,837 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Smoking does not bother me for the most part. My mother and father and just about everyone else were serious smokers. (I was born mid 1940s) I tried smoking as most every teen age boy of my era, but quickly gave it up. It realy did nothing for me and it was quite expensive as cigarettes were about 25 cents a pack back then!

My parents both stopped smoking in later life. My work (welder) put me in contact with all sorts of smoke and in many places I worked smoking because of fire fire hazards was not allowed except in certain designated area. You were allowed to hit the smoking areas get a quick butt or two and go back to work. As a none smoker people like me did not get the same break and were expected to stay at their job. That was dangerous as most work in chemical plants we were on the buddy system for safety. So when my partner went for a smoke break I went with him.

You talk about a smoke filled room those designated places were. The companies did not waste any money on ventilation in those areas and the amount of smoke in them was astounding. That is my history so being around smokers is a none issue, smoke em if you got em!

I did have one big problem with smoking, I got involved with this rather gorgeous well built woman and she was a serious smoker. Kissing and making out her breath was like a smoke stack. (other than that she had great hygiene) It must have been something with her as I dated many smoking galls and never had the same effect. She would not give up smoking so I regretfully gave her up. That is the only time smoking bothered me.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post: