View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 11:03am   #304
erickpl
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $111433

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I'd love to have this dream. I'm so worried for my dad and hope if there is an afterlife, it is everything he would want.
My mom's passing in hospice was tough back in 2018. The day she passed, she had a LOT of fluid buildup on her lungs (metastatic breast cancer had spread through her body and various infections were wreaking havoc). At one point she sat up having a hard time breathing and her eyes were as wide as saucers. She couldn't breathe.

She always had a fear of water and drowning. We sat her up and leaned her forward so the fluids would drain a bit. She finally relaxed when we told her we have her and helped her breathe more comfortably. About 6 hours later she passed with us around her holding her. But after that incident, she seemed like she had checked out - her eyes were so distant and she was essentially non-responsive.

That night, or early the next morning, I woke up. Mom was sitting on the corner of the bed nearest me (wife was next to me) in her morning robe. I could even feel her weight pressing down on the sheets so I couldn't move my feet easily. But we talked. She thanked me for helping her sit up and breathe better. I asked if she was scared and she said she was - until we were there holding her and helping her. At that point she knew her body would be okay, so she left and was able to watch us until the end.

She told me not to worry. Not to be upset. Her journey was just starting, but she'll be there with us until we can be with her.

I woke up crying as I told me wife about this.

After seeing how distraught my dad was, my wife urged me to tell him what I encountered. I don't know if it was a dream, a ghost, or just my wanting to think she didn't suffer, but it was as real as anything I've experienced or seen in life. It gave him peace and HE finally broke down when I told him this, so I think it was cathartic for him.

My sisters were upset about it - wondering why they didn't see her. While I have a faith and consider myself spiritual, I'm also open to possibilities far beyond that while they can both be rather close-minded.

But I, too, think that dreams are a gateway for our loved ones to visit us.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to erickpl For This Useful Post: