View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 2:12pm   #1
LEESVET
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 1.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default HELP !! 1999 C-5 DO I HAVE A BAD BCM ?

suddenly my dash lites started to flicker, along with all the 'display lites' on the a/c control, stereo, and any other little letter or indicator lites.
The front day time marker lites are OUT, The front turn signals do not work but they both flicker fast. When I use the TS lever BOTH of the dash arrows lite up and both flash.
The front flashers BOTH flicker fast, not really flashing,,,,more flickering.
The REAR turn signals are NOT affected.
When I turn the parking lites or the head lites ON, the flickering on the dash STOPS, but both TS arrows come on, stay on but the outside TS bulbs is dark until a TS is used then it flickers again.

When I turn the Key to ON or RUN, all is normal for 5 seconds THEN the dash starts to flicker again. When I start it the same things happen.
The display for the DIC , driver info seems to work, I CAN push the buttons to get gauges, trip miles, etc BUT the lite is flickering so its hard to read sometimes...

Does this sound like the BCM failing??? or the Turn signal lever ??? or a short in the dash display ?

The ONLY thing that has been done lately is I installed sylvania silver star bulbs in the front running lites AND the blinker/marker lite about 2 weeks ago. Nothing else has been touched or changed. NO LED'S WERE INSTALLED.

Last edited by LEESVET; 01-30-2021 at 2:21pm. Reason: more info
LEESVET is offline   Reply With Quote