DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,855 Times in 11,763 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
When I fire someone I don't have a discussion with them. What's the point?

You're fired, here's your package from HR. Bye now.
I only had the discussion because I wanted to see what he had stated and what was sent to HR. During this discussion i said very little and told him that the reason written on the termination paperwork was accurate and I really don't want to or even have to explain it again.

Taht being said, i don't like having to fire people, but it's nothing personal..Just business. It's part of the job and I have to look out for my job, my other employees' jobs, my mission/requirements of my shop, etc....

when i first took over running the tech support department of this college campus 5+ years ago, nobody would call tech support for help because we were viewed as lazy and incompetent due to the previous crew who was here before me. Things drastically changed within the first month of me here and people noticed. Then as i hired my team it was even more noticeable and staff, admin, and faculty have thrown a fit when they heard my boss planned to rotate me to another campus that wasn't running as smooth. i'm proud of that, and because of how i manage my team/Know my team, I'm absolutely positive any of the acccusations emailed to HR by this kid were complete bullshit. my boss agrees with me unless there is some evidence proving otherwise. i guarantee none exists.

guess I'm just more pissed that I'm having to defend myself, my team, and my shop's reputation becauss some shit bag couldn't handle the job requirements.....at what is almost an entry level position. More like a paid internship that can turn into entry level.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post: