BR Car Washer II,III

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 1,819 Times in 959 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5504001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Short term? Who cares? It's the Boy Scouts. Long term? It's what we've been pointing out for, well, pretty much my entire adult life. The long march of the left through the Western institutions, the communist progressive left or whatever you want to call it, continues unabated. Each little battle is a victory for the subjugation of humanity. You might think this to be the ramblings of a madman, hyperbole, or whatever the hell you want to call it. But just for example, look at the political makeup of any major Western institution 50 years ago. And contrast and compare it to today. For a concrete example tell me how many conservative, right-leaning college professors there are in the Ivy Leagues. Hell, in any university system anymore.

No, I couldn't give a rat's ass about this latest little incremental move. It's just par for the course, isn't it? There was the Boy Scouts, and the Girl Scouts. But that couldn't be left alone. No. They love nothing more than brainwashing them early.

I can see the wheels turning in your head "Wait, maybe this is a good thing! Maybe these institutions needed to be changed for the better. Maybe gutting them and turning them into something new and better is what should be done!"

Well, OK, you can think that if you want. But it's terribly naive and incorrect. Dangerously so. Just look what third wave feminism has done to first/second wave.
Now dont go too far in that rabbit hole, I want to understand and make an educated decision. Dont make an assumption about my stance because Im seeking answers. I want to understand the good, the bad, and the ugly. I prefer to make an educated response.

Will there be good that comes out of this, probably will. Will there be bad, of course. I for see lots of growing pains. I think this was positioned entirely wrong. I would think a merger would have gone over better, and been more accepting. But maybe that wasn't the point. Maybe they wanted controversy to try and get more membership to both programs. Enough resistance and people will dig their feet in the ground in opposition. Its human nature.

I was in scouts and grew to hate it. I jump to a few different troops as I thought some were better than others. Some were considered more prestigious than other. I did learn some valuable lessons about ethics and leadership. What is it also exposed me to favoritism, corruption.

Change is inevitable. You can resist, you can follow, or you can be part of the change. Each path has it's own challenges. What people need to understand is when you know better you do better. If you look at the root of many of today's issues, it boils down to ignorance. Education is key, and being open to learning will take you much further in life. I dont want to stay in one bubble for my whole life. I want to learn, I want to explore, I want to go as far as possible in life, good, bad, and ugly.
GRN ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote