Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
NO clue as to the lingo of computers, but I get the jest of watt you saying,....LOTs of complaints on resurrecting very old threads over 'there' and guys not aware of it......I spend more time responding than composing new threads, so not an issue for ME.....
Most (if not all) of CF's latest upgrades revolve around the implementation of the infinite scroll mod.

The lazy (if at all) image loading is annoying but necessary for obvious reasons, imagine opening a 2000+ reply thread and having every single image within it download immediately. Not a good idea at all.

The disappearing/reappearing menu bar, same reason. Scrolling back to the top after 20 mins of browsing a super-long thread would be tedious. Yeah, right click and select "back" for those new to the PC....There's also more elegant ways to facilitate that function on the page than how they decided to do it.

The related threads shit serves no valid function whatsoever. They claim the whole idea is viewer retention and for people to "not hit a dead end". I've said it before and will say it again....It is one of the dumbest ****ing things I've seen on any website ever. The idea might not be that bad...The execution is beyond horrible.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: