Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,561 Times in 5,701 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
My parents gave me my first car, an Oldsmobile. When those "it's not your father's Oldsmobile" commercials came out, I was like, "That's a big fat lie....it IS my father's Oldsmobile!"
My entire driving start up was screwed from the beginning.....It was a one car family, Dad had a '59 Caddy Fleetwood 75? that was longer than the garage by about 2' or so....and I learned to drive on that car....but could not parellel park it for SHIT!!! they finally gave up and took me to the test, and I parked it fine, first shot...... age 17.....being a one car family, Dad needing it for work, I never bothered to get a date for Sr. Prom night.....

So off to kolledge, and stayed on campus....4 years worth, outta there in '66, and into the Army.....bad lo back, extra vert L6 and so outta there, home again and so first REAL full time job, but in that 4 year span, folks moved and Mom got her own car....not that she had ANY interest in driving it....a '63 Olds F85 4 dr 215 ci aluminum V8......
so bummed Mom's car for a few months to get $$$ for my own '60 vette

one grand 500 down and Dad cosigned bank note for another 500 bux....

the house the went to was 15 mile one way to groceries, 6 miles to gas station, and so I burnt a tank+ a week just commuting for jobs that paid 2.50/hour.....

lost the vette in a wreck, tail assed light...rain.... so into Pontiacs for some 20 years, '61 Catalina drag race winner....456 rear, just great on gas...NOT!!!! driving near 40 miles to job, EACH WAY......changed rear to 273 eventually....

spent a year in FW/Tejas with a buddy who got outta the Navy, he met/married his wife in the apt complex we hung and partied at.....I went back to DC region.....married/divorced first wife.....and sorry I did not get back together with her.....but was dating the kid's mom then......

moved to Florida and married wife here now 18.5 years of fun now....

my buddy in Tejas passed on ~5 years ago.....age 68, sux....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote