View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:56pm   #1
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830
Default Installed my Corsa Extremes tonight... what a great setup.

Went over to a local Vette/Porsche nut's house to utilize a lift to make the swap quick/easy. The install was simple and went w/o issue. The Extremes are noticeably lighter than the stockers (Corsa says something like 5lbs)... I'd say they're close to Z06 Ti weights, but I didn't weigh or anything. The Indys and Touring are very very heavy, something like 80lbs. Tip alignment is very easy, far better than Corsa Indys which have 3 joints.

As for sound... I'm not sure how Corsa does it, but the mufflers are nice and mellow at idle, OEM silent at cruise, and have a great loud sound at part-throttle north of 2500 rpms and WOT. Seeing as the design is basically a straight-pipe with a muffler on the side I guess vacuum or something pulls the sound waves in at lower rpm. I was suspect of Corsa's no-drone claim, but it's 100% true.

I'm very very happy w/ my decision, she sounds like a sports car now. If I had to describe the sound it's basically Borla Stinger tone with a more refined note to it and no drone. For years people have been asking for Stingers w/o the drone and Corsa has delivered. I'll probably break down and buy AR headers for her one day, but for now this will do.

Just a small portion of the garage setup

All done

Back home in my garage

~Brian
2001 Quicksilver Z06 - NASA PTA/TTA/ST2 #4
www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com
April 7th, 2012 7:30am-9:30am @ La Promenade

Last edited by Cobra4B; 01-26-2010 at 11:21pm.
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote