View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 7:11pm   #21
Barry B
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $545

Well here are the results:

When grounding the yellow/black wire, it fires right up. (of course it doesn't run

There is a code B2723 Passkey Detection circuit and I may (hopefully) have some more insight:

For the last few months, (Vette is not DD) EVERY time I tried to start it the first attempt would result in the car cranking but not starting. Like clockwork, the 2nd attempt immediately after the first no problems. I just didnt think anything of it. The ignition lock cylinder looks "worn" (See pic) and there was once where it seemed as though the key was not going in smoothly, hence I stopped and reinserted it.

I am wondering if this may be the issue.

Thoughts??

Thanks again,

Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me View Post

What I would do next is tap into that yellow/black wire coming out of the TDR, and connect a jumper wire from it to a verified good ground point.. Leave everything connected to the TDR as normal.

-If it does crank for this test, then it seems the BCM is inhibiting starting by not switching that yel/blk wire to ground during starting. You've already indicated this may be the case, this just proves it.

If it is the latter, it's possible the engine won't fire and run due to other protection features of the BCM, but you've at least narrowed it down to this. Though I'd think if the BCM were inhibiting start, there'd be other indicators...Security light or BCM codes, not sure.
Attached Images

Barry B is offline   Reply With Quote