Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,554 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Instead of raising the price of his pizza 14 fuking cents, he would rather lay off employees.

John Schnatter, Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee hours being cut

He sold 1.2 billion dollars worth of shitty pizza last year and now wants to cut his employees hours because he estimates the new health care law will cost his company between 5-8 million dollars. A number works out to about half a percent in sales.

Now before you get on your high horse about business cost and how the 14 fuking cents will put him out of business, consider this.

This asshole is already using the government to subsidise his employees health care.

Surely no one flipping pizza is able to afford health insurance on their own, so the only other option is Medicaid.

So that's right. Instead of raising the price of a pizza 14 fuking cents, this asshole would prefer to keep his employees health care cost on the US tax payers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBlue View Post
This pisses me off to no end. What an asshole.

I'm sure some idiot will run to his defense, but this just shows how little he cares about his employees. I think most of them are franchises, so I don't think it will effect as much as he thinks.
Quote:
Ah, the business is in the business of profit with no social concience argument. Heard it alot in grad school. Was stupid then too.

It is a favorite of small business that utilizes relatively non skilled labor. If you need any kind of intellectual horsepower, however, this dies a quick death.

Quote:
Everyone knows the costs are going to be passed on to the consumer. So just do it. Don't be an asshole over 14 cents. It's just a pr nightmare.

FYI I will never vote for a democrat because I'm in pharma and it always leads to some asshole running the FDA that turns it hostile to industry.
Quote:
He wasn't charging you $12.14 because the have this unique thing called a MARKETING DEPARTMENT who would laugh if you tried to put that on an ad.

It has nothing to do with supply and demand. This market is pretting inelastic. We are talking about pizzas, ok?
Quote:
It won't effect sales that much and far from clueless. It just doesn't work in this market. Sorry. I could go into the whole discretionary spending market theory, but if I wanted to teach at vandy I would.

And the thought sales and marketing go hand in hand is ubsurd. Anyone who has worked at a major corporation in sales will tell you marketing and sales spend most of the time at each other's throats.

My point is he's an idiot. And the same costs of 14 cents will be picked up somewhere else like a 25 cent up in the delivery charge at Domino's and no one will say shit.
Quote:
If you think someone isn't going to pay 14 cents more for a pizza, you're nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
The dude could have put one less slice of pepperoni to save the .14 cents.
It's his perogative to do what he wants but it seems pretty shifty.
He could have done this all quietly no matter what decision he made but chose to make it a media event. That's what makes him a dick.

Personally I couldn't care less if my favourite pizza place doubled the price of their pizza.
It's what I prefer and am willing to pay it.
Quote:
Lock it up. I knew at sometime some rational actor would prove the theory of discretionary spending. Only a matter of time.
Quote:
Sure. And his actions show he is an asshole.
It seems as though we have quite a few experts with tons of experience in the shitty pizza business. I will be the first to say I have no idea how "14 fuking cents" will affect the company. I will make the assumption that the shitty pizza business is extremely competitive. I doubt there is that much brand loyalty from one franchise to another, thus making the argument that people will pay whatever it costs wrong. We are not talking about a strong customer following like you may have with an independent pizza place. When was the last time you heard someone say they will eat only Little Ceasars pizza and nothing else.

Another question: How many here that thing "14 fuking cents" is not a big deal have had to make payroll? Ever lost sleep thinking about that not so little problem? I have. It drastically changes your view of business. Sure the owner of Papa John's is rich now, but you never lose track of how fast expenses can get away from you. "14 fuking cents" turns into millions quicker than you can imagine.

Last edited by Millenium Vette; 11-15-2012 at 11:46am.
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote