Old 12-19-2019, 3:35pm   #12
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 37.8%

Thanked 7,091 Times in 3,138 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
I've never been a "gun person", but as I get older I worry more about break-ins, home invasions, etc., so I've been thinking that a gun of some sort in the house might give us some peace of mind. We live in an apparently safe area, but it's still something I think about.

My inclination is to go to a local gun range, where they give lessons, sell guns, & offer range time, & follow their recommendations regarding a home defense weapon purchase & training. My concern is that they may try to sell me something bigger, more powerful, & more $$ than I really need; I would have no way of knowing if this were the case.

The place I'm considering is RTSP in Randolph, NJ. They also have a location in Union, NJ.

In the admittedly unlikely event that anyone has experience with RTSP specifically, or any other thoughts on the matter, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks!
I was pretty into target shooting with .22 caliber rifles when I was a younger man. I promised the wife that I wouldn't keep a firearm in the house when the kids were here, so I have not actually shot a gun in nearly 30 years. The youngest child moved out in July, so I have been thinking of getting back into it. The RTSP is Union is more or less across the street from the liquor store I go to regularly.

The thing about RTSP is that you can go and rent pretty much any gun they have, and fire it, but they will not rent to a single person unless you already have your FID card, you must have a buddy to rent and shoot if you don't have an FID card (I currently do not). Let me know if you want to buddy up and make a visit to Union RTSP.
Mick is online now   Reply With Quote