View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 8:48pm   #4
Munch
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #00
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2041885

That would be the steering sensor. Possibly you need an alignment or else your sensor is going bad.

Is the steering wheel straight while driving straight down the road? If it is then the sensor may be to blame.

Here is how to check the sensor courtesy of Bill Curlee:

Quote:
The sensor inside the drivers foot well at the base of the steering column and has FOUR wires:

There connected to pins 1, 2, 5 & 6 on the sensor.

Pin 1 is GRY and it will have a 5 VDC (4.9) reference sig from the EBCM. It also feeds the YAW rate sensor and the lateral rate sensor. i would also check for the voltage there. It is also a GRY wire.

Pin 2 is ORN/BLK and it will have a LOW REFF (sensor ground) Sig. It also goes to the YAW and lateral sensors as the same color wires.

Pin 5 is the Steering wheel position sensor signal phase A. It goes directly to the EBCM Lite green wire

Pin 6 is the Steering wheel position sensor signal phase B. It goes directly to the EBCM Lite Blue wire

If you disconnect the sensor plug, you should read (if i read the procedure correctly) .2 VDC on pin 5 & 6

Read the 5 VDC ref voltage to the Low reff pin 2, orange/blk wire should see 5 VDC. if you measure the low reff pin to ground it should not read any higher than 5 ohms.

If it were me,, I would hook up a jumper wire to pin #1 0n the sensor and when the steering wheel is straight, you should see The same output on pins 5 & 6. As you turn the wheel all the way right and left, you should see one pins voltage smoothly increase while the other one smoothly decreases.

Hope this helps.

BC
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote