Old 06-19-2013, 1:22pm   #80
C5Nate
Barn Stall Owner #0
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,878 Times in 918 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1576624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
That's unfortunate, my Dad is more like Red's. That type of upbringing has served me well. I tell all my nephews that have zero mechanical/labor skills, "you better make a ton of money because you will be paying someone to do everything for you your whole life".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
You cut your fingers off and the kid still won't take out the trash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshirts and jeans View Post

i am sorry but please do your son a favor and teach him the meaning of hard work, respect, and the value of money..... ....and i am not meaning to disrespect you or your wife and the way you raise your son but i would be very concerned if i were you about the man he will become without knowing these things....rant over......

My parents never hurt for money, but not rich by no means. We knew how to squeeze every penny from a dollar. We did all we could ourselves. Not only did it save us money doing it ourselves, I (we) learned a lot by doing it. Even later in life when we may not be able to do it ourselves we know how and what needs to be done and wont get ripped off.

There was NO refusing to do what was asked of me by my parents. The consequences were not pleasant. Learning early in life that there a consequences to my actions, (or lack of).

Life is hard, being soft will lessen chances of survival.
C5Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C5Nate For This Useful Post: