View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 5:39pm   #17
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 29.7%

Thanked 6,183 Times in 2,629 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448

The project continues with a newer Pioneer. This one has all the old stuff plus bluetooth.

This is how I chose to install the microphone. All is very Corvette purist, Betty Boop is one step closer to achieve NCRS Top Flight.

Drilled a hole next to the 12V outlet.

The mic fit perfect for its purpose, and will not be seen with the lid closed.

There are fires in SoCal, these guy were flying very high. I wondered if Canada have these planes with flame throwers.

The instructions from Crutchfield are better, they have more detail, and the radio fits better. The POS old Bose's rear plate needs to be removed.

Will use a small tool to accomplish this mission

Done

It fits better than before. This radio's dimensions are identical to the previous radio, but this one is a bit deeper.

I'm doing a test with some LED bulbs I have. The super bright pharmacy look is not the greatest looking interior lighting, so I gave this one a thin coat of fluorescent orange.

done

Here it is. Called my mother to wish her a happy mom's day, and to test the microphone. It works load & clear,

Betty Boop with new window tint. Yes, I know Sweet also has a DRM, but as you can tell there is no 25' snow wall around Betty Boop.

Next, I got to drill, and install a third 12v outlet.

PLRX is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PLRX For This Useful Post: