Old 02-27-2013, 1:25am   #12
FasterTraffic
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,411 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2008887

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-85-Z51 View Post
Credit cards are not free, almost always a fee buried in there somewhere, there is a reason cc companies are so rich.

Frequent fliers miles are for those who fly, I will never fly, unless I grow wings...

my exposure to identity theft with Cash..is not only low, its non existent.

Credit cards promote spending money you do not have, it promotes living beyond your means, and violating your budget.
My airline mileage credit card has an annual fee that is about $60. Any guess what my ticket to Brussels would have cost? As long as you actually use the card enough to earn the rewards, the fee isn't an issue.

See the world by bicycle? More power to you.

Your exposure to theft with cash is not non-existent. The credit cards limit my liability to $50, if I remember correctly, and they're damn sharp about calling us if there is any unusual activity.

That seems like a cop-out answer to me. Blaming the credit card because you overspent is like blaming the fork for your overeating. Credit cards are no more a tool of the devil than debit cards, checks, or even cash. If someone is a financial dumbass, they're probably going to crash a budget whether they pay with credit cards, cash, or goats. The only place I think you could make an compelling argument for cash versus credit is in regards to government oversight and aggressive tax collections.
FasterTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote