Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 59.7%

Thanked 7,922 Times in 3,536 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
ooohhh $$$ AP $$$

nice.
I managed to get a smokin' deal on a set that is less than a year old. I was originally going to go with the exact same Wilwoods that I had on the '96.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
I felt that way a couple of times when I was younger and had lots of custom work in my rides, but I'm a car trading whore nowadays. got about as much attachment to my junk as a used car dealer. Well, I'm somewhat fond of my C6 because it hurt me to buy it and I can't go out and get another one anytime I want, but for regularly priced cars...
I don't get attached to most cars either. If someone offered me a fair price, I'd sell pretty much any of them. This 1 was different simply because it is such a unique car. It is safe to say that you will not ever see another like it. When you pull into a paddock with it, people look. In a place full of $$$$ cars, that isn't easy to do, especially with an old C4 Corvette. On top of that it is an absolute blast to drive. It is loud, obnoxious, brutally rough, and unforgiving... exactly like it should be.

I have to admit that there was also a big satisfaction of taking a Corvette which doesn't usually get a lot of respect and outrunning some of today's best with it. Definitely surprised people to look back and see the old C4 gaining on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4fan View Post
Very nice. A couple of years ago we were at the Texas Motor Speedway and were watching the Vettes running on the infield road course. A C5 over heated his rear brakes and as he slowed down to come off the course his RR burst into flames. It was so hot the fire extinguishers couldn't stop it from burning. They did get it out but not before wrecking the rear end. I always figured good brakes are a must after that.
I had a brake "incident" a couple of years ago with the J55 brakes on the C4. No brakes at the end of a long straight is not a good feeling. The Wilwoods were ordered a couple of days later. I never want that feeling again.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote