69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 11,537 Times in 5,043 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09CTSV View Post
Back in 1988 I got pulled over by a lovely VA State Trooper at 1:00 AM for allegedly doing 90 in a 55. When I walked back to the car and sat in it I told him I was only doing 70. He said he clocked me at 90, I asked what the flashing 70 on the radar detector meant and he turned it away and said don't worry about that. I had three other people in the car willing to testify of a Mustang passing us in the left lane while we were cruising along on the State Road 44. I could not have them testify, the office lied in court and got away with it. When asked about the radar his statement was he didn't have to show it to me and would not acknowledge the speed flashing on it. When asked about other cars he said mine was the only one. I had not been drinking, the others in the car had been, so I was not afraid to stand up some that night.
I was fined $500 and lost my driving privileges, in the military with out of state tags and license, for six months. I kept driving for two reasons. One they have to give you notice with a certified letter, and two they didn't have my local address where I was living.
Michigan gave me a careless driving with two points and thumbed their noses at the communist state of VA.

My favorite is getting pulled over for speeding 53 in a 35. Speed limit in the area was 50 and didn't drop down to 35 for a quarter mile from where I was pulled over. Went back took pictures the whole nine yards. When I went to court they tried to change the ticket to 53 in a 50, needless to say there was some blood letting with the judge and officer by my attorney that day.

I've been pulled over twice since living in Indiana and kindly let go with a warning to slow it down a little. I admitted I was speeding when pulled over and told them I just drifted thinking of work and not paying attention to the speed, it's hard to judge in the Caddy. Very professional officers and they have my utmost respect compared to VA.
Same thing happened to me in SC back in the 90's. I was on 521 near Manning, tooling along about 57-58 in a 55. It is a 2 lane road and I had just gotten my doors blown off by no less than 3 cars. About 30 seconds later a funeral procession pulls out of a church, so I pull off the side of the road. Behind that procession is a SC trooper. Well, procession goes by, I pull back out on the road, he pulls a U turn and pulls me over. I'm like WTF??? The lying sumbitch says I was doing 70 in a 55 which was nothing but a lie. At the time, I was running Illinois plates because I had been stationed there. He saw that and busted me wide open. I have a very poor opinion of most cops.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote