Old 03-11-2012, 5:01am   #8
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
Dick Van Dyke Marries 40-Year-Old Makeup Artist Arlene Silver (VIDEO)

He gave her an antique organ for a wedding present.

I'm reminded of a story: More than 60 years ago a young man walked into a Hollwood agent's office to try to find work. The agent was impressed; the young man could sing, dance, he was reasonably handsome, and he had experience on Broadway. He asked the young man's name:

"Penis Van Lesbian!", the young man exclaimed.

"Young man, I've been in Hollywood a long time, and you'll never get into movies with a name like that. You'll have to change it."

"Never!", the young man said. "The Van Lesbian name goes back hundreds of years! I will not dishonor my father and ancestors by forsaking my name!".

"Then I can't represent you," the agent replied. With that, the young man stormed out of the agent's office.

About 5 years later the agent was opening his mail, and there was one envelope that contined a letter and a $50,000 check. He decided to read the letter:

Dear Sir;

Several years ago I was in your office seeking your help in becoming a movie star. My name was Penis Van Lesbian. You said that I would have to change my name; I adamantly refused and left your office.

Afterwards, I thought about it and realized your were right. I changed my name, but I was too ashamed to go back to your office. The enclosed check is a small token for what you did to help me become a star. Thank you.

Signed,
Dic Van Dyke
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote