View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 7:55am   #44
YorkL8apex
Charter Member - C4 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #91
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2164

As I've said before I've been lucky, when pulled over I usually get a reasonable officer and for over 15 years and about 3 routine 53 in a 35 or 45 zone warnings can't personally complain.

My daughter has had two BS tickets in about 5 years (yeah I know she's my daughter but I've raced with her and ridden with her and she IS a good driver!)

Ticket 1: I 95 southbound South Carolina by her self headed back to Savannah from Myrtyle Beach, speed limit 65 speed 72mph. Some guy starts pacing her, you know the type, riding beside her, she changes her speed and he just stays beside her, goes on for miles and she gets tired and little wary of the guy and decides to leave him. Pumps it up to ove 75 and of couse the ahole continues to pace her. About that time SC Trooper pulld both over for "racing" she tells him what was going on and he blows her off and writes her a ticket. She's in a 4 banger and races in a ZR-1, come on ,she does not need to feel the speed in her ecobox!!!! Left lane aholes are the real problem on interstates!!!

Ticket 2: Again in SC driving home from her job at a hospital at the end of a pack of 5-7 cars, she is the only GA plates and gets pulled for following too close on dry roads. She sees the local in the median just before the bridge leavign town. Four lane highway, right lane about 57 in a 55 zone. Seethe cop pull out so does not pass the pack of SC cars in case the cop wants to go by. Cop pulls in behind her, follws her across the bridge at below the speed limit and pulls her for following too close when they get off the bridge. $155 ticket for a student working clinic at Beaufort Hospital, She can't believe it and tells the officer so, he says "Tell it to the judge" . Weany would not even tell her why he pulled her over when she asked him and slipped the ticket in with her licence and registration when he gave it back.

I know its a job and someone has to do it, but make 'em worth while and give a crap about the impact on a good citizen's wallet and insurance impact when enforcing the law for safety sake.