View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 7:27pm   #3
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878

No pulsation but I have a shimmy in the 70's, it might be unbalanced rotors, acts like an alignment issue. I was several cars behind you last Sunday, but the brake sequel is bad as they warm up, another reason I am thinking it could be the rotors. I have seen several threads with others saying they replaced their rotors and the shimmy went away. I figure it should be cheap to have the rotors checked. I put on ceramic pads last year to cut down the dust but I am yanking them as I haven't been able to get them to stop the squealing, lubed them a couple times but no difference. Even with the original pads, the breaks would sequel at times. I have read GM has installed crappy rotors before but I don't want to upgrade to a new brake system yet unless I have to.

Since I will have the tires/wheel off, I will check all of the nuts I can reach to verify everything is tight. Changed the tires and wheel and did an alignment, but the shimmy persists. It isn't RPM related so I am hoping I find the suspension issue, several things to check.

I was wondering if a hub was going but after the ride Sunday I am beginning to think the hubs are ok.
thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote