Old 08-14-2010, 9:03am   #8
Garb55
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaks View Post
I beg to differ.
If he paints the bracket and alternator with either caliper paint, or high temp engine paint, and preps them well, I see no reason it won't stand up.
I painted my intake 3 years ago, and it looks just as good as the day I did it.
It's all about the prep.
Sneaks your 100% correct. I should have explained my response in more detail. No offense Munch, but he has stated he is lazy not in a bad way just that he does not like to take a lot of extra time to work on certain things if he does not have to. He likes a faster way that takes less of his time to accomplish a great result. So with that in mind I did not think he would take the time in effort to prep / paint himself in order to get the results for longevity on painted engine parts. Now for the average or above average DIY guy / gal that has the patients and time with the correct prep work and high temp paint you can have a excellent result, but again I was directing my info more at Munch. Not saying he can not do it just saying I do not think he would want to invest the time required. Maybe I'm wrong and I should not have assumed. My apologies to Munch if I misinterpreted.
Garb55 is offline   Reply With Quote