Old 09-19-2011, 6:22pm   #15
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADRACR1 View Post
Well, it's official. I turned in my two week notice today. I would have been there thirteen years on Oct. 28. Going to the other Nissan dealership in town. They are a larger company and I guess can offer better pay. I'll get bumped about $4500 the first year with yearly raises. I have three weeks yearly vacation where I'm at but get seven days effective Jan 1 and next January five more at the new job. I'll be back up to twelve days in 15 months. Job's pretty much the same so I'm already trained (one reason they wanted me. No six month break-in period.).
Five years ago I got my last raise when I received a job offer. The offer included a $3500 yearly bump. My current employer came back with $3200, so I stayed. Gave my boss my letter today and he asked where I was going. I told him, and he asked if it was much more money. I told him the amount and he said he'd get with the Gen. Mngr. and see what they could do. I replied, "You don't understand. This isn't a ploy to get a raise. I did that once, and shouldn't have to do it again. I've already accepted the position." He replied okay, he understood.
My last day will be Sep 30. I start the new one Oct 3.
Yep, I learned this a long time ago. You shouldn't have to quit to get the raise you deserve. Best of luck to you.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post: